Bullock's Oriole at MCBG; Loon migration

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2010
      Wednesday November 17, 2010 - The highlight of our birdwalk through the
      Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens this morning was a female Bullock's
      Oriole feeding in the Banksia tree. Toby Tobkin found the bird but Art
      Morley made the ID.

      From the headlands, we watched a nearly continuous stream of Loons
      flying south, low over the water. Most of them appeared to be Pacific
      Loons, but Red-throated and Common were also present. Surf Scoters and
      Common Murres are also passing by (the Murres somewhat farther offshore).

      We tallied 47 species this morning.

      Cheers,
      Tim Bray
      Albion