Migrating Geese

  • Quince Amanda
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2002
      I was very surprised to spot 2 large flocks of geese
      (Canada?) migrating South last evening (9/20) at dusk
      on a very warm evening. I have never seen so many
      birds, (around 200 total) heading South when it is
      still officially Summer. It is usually mid-October
      when I see them passing overhead here NW of Willits.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • K A Havlena
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2009
        Sun, 17 Oct, 2009 -  This morning, I saw a minima Cackling Goose
        with eight White-fronted Geese on the beach at Howard Creek.  This
        is along Hwy 1 north of Westport a few miles.

        There were almost no land birds at the creeks.

        Jim Havlena
        Ocean Meadows
        Fort Bragg, CA