Greater White-fronted Geese

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2010
      There were 14 GWFG at the Gielow Pond on River Road at 1:45 today. I did not notice them for 20 minutes because they were walking down Gielow Lane partly in the road. They did not spook for the first few cars. Finally a car spooked them and they flew away. But they returned and landed in the pond a couple of minutes later.
    • Lisa Walker (Feather)
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013
        This afternoon around 4:30 PM, I spotted a flock of eleven Greater White-fronted Geese flying south above the Glass Beach Headlands in Fort Bragg...... photos to come

        Lisa (Feather)
      • Lisa Walker (Feather)
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2013

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2016

            27 September 2016 (Tuesday) - Around 5:00 PM we heard and then saw a flock of about two dozen Greater White-fronted Geese flying south, high up, in a loose V.  These are the first I've seen this fall, although I heard some a couple of weeks ago.

            Tim Bray

            Middle Ridge, Albion

          • featherbirdlady3
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 28, 2016
              I had four this morning at MacKerricher and in Lake Cleone.

              I heard several flying over yesterday.

              They're coming! Oh, and my friend Stephanie said she had a Brant at Virgin
              Creek two days ago.

              > 27 September 2016 (Tuesday) - Around 5:00 PM we heard and then saw
              > a flock of about two dozen Greater White-fronted Geese flying
              > south, high up, in a loose V.  These are the first I've seen this
              > fall, although I heard some a couple of weeks ago.
              > Tim Bray
              > Middle Ridge, Albion

            • Jeanne Jackson
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2016
                Bob Keiffer posted once that these geese might be predictors of rain. And we are enjoying the rain very much here in Anchor Bay. Jeanne

                Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:06 AM