Sparrows and Gulls

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      At the Ukiah Treatment Ponds on the westerly fenceline of the sludge pond there was a White-throated Sparrow this morning. About an hour later in the same general location I found a SWAMP SPARROW. The Swamp Sparrow after a bit dropped down into the sludge pond vegetation.

      I stopped in the morning and afternoon at the South Ramp parking lot on Lake Mendocino.
      There were a number of gull species; 1 Western Gull (morning) 2 Glaucous-winged Gulls, a Thayer's Gull,
      a Herring Gull, and a Ring-billed Gull mixed in with the small flock of California Gulls. Jerry White