Tennessee Warbler & Harlequin Ducks - Fort Bragg

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      Tue, 9 Nov 2010 -- I saw a fairly pale TENNESSEE WARBLER along the Skunk RR
      tracks
      in Fort Bragg, east of Rose Memorial Park.  The bird was with a large flock of
      TOWNSEND'S
      WARBLERS, a dull gray ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS,
      PYGMY NUTHATCHES, and the usual small flocking birds.  The flock was near a wide
      area
      by the tracks where there are a few rock fire rings.  Not far east a
      SHARP-SHINNED HAWK
      flew in.  Watch out little Tennessee!

      Earlier at Virgin Creek beach, a pair of HARLEQUIN DUCKS were diving near shore
      in the
      waves.  Also present were about 240 CALIF GULLS, several MEW GULLS, 3 WILLETS, a
      WHITE-TAILED KITE and a COOPER'S HAWK.  The official access to VC beach is just
      north of Three Rivers School on Hwy 1.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg, MEN, California