(Mendobirds) Lake County - Evening Grosbeaks

  • dhecomovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2010
      I had two Evening Grosbeaks at Boggs Mountain State Forest in Cobb this morning at 10:30 am. They were sighted from the Interpretive Trail foraging in the Canyon Live Oaks trees that are across the trail (and a little closer to Road 500) from the interpretive sign for the California Black Oak. This sign is located about 200 yards from the point where Road 500 intersects the Interpretive Trail. If you were going up Road 500 towards Camp Calso the Interpretive Trail crosses 500 at the point where Road 520 takes off to the left and you would want to take the Interpretive Tail to the right. The Trail is marked by a small blue arrow marker.