Banded Western Gull: Follow-up

  • birdmanofthewoods
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2010
      Rich Hubacek directed me to a posting done in January 2010 where this gull was spotted by George Chaniot, et al. It seems this gull was banded in the Farallon's on June 24, 1989 and has been seen at Van Damme in 1996, and 2006. The complete band number is 2406 01341, which means I only got half the number. Believe me, reading a band number on a live gull ain't easy.

      It seems to be only sighted here in Littleriver in the winter and spring months. It would be interesting to see if it could be spotted in the summer. I wonder if it returns to the Farallon's to breed or if it breeds locally. So keep a sharp eye out this Spring and Summer for old 01341. Look for the black band above silver.

      Rick