Ancient Murrelets

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2010
      Thursday November 4th:
      While scoping the ocean from the Juan Creek overlook I found 5 ANCIENT MURRELETS amongst a mixed flock of feeding seabirds. After a few minutes the fog rolled in and I lost sight of the entire flock.
      Close to shore there was a Cassin's Auklet.

      Friday November 5th:
      From the Mendocino Headlands on the ocean there was a Marbled Murrelet still in mostly breeding plumage.
      Also at the headlands at the treatment ponds there was a single Snow Goose. Jerry White