Peregrine Falcon

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2010
      I have noticed increasing numbers of robins in the Talmage area for the last two weeks. There are not yet thousands like the last couple of years, but there are more and more every day. This afternoon also in Rogina Heights I watched a Peregrine Falcon perched atop one of the Doug Firs eating what I supposed to be a robin but hoped it was a starling. They are also starting to gather. They are all here to help harvest the grapes.
    • birdmanofthewoods4
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2012
        The PEREGRIN FALCON that seems to return to the Mendocino Headlands the last few winters is back. Also known to me as "Gull Killer". At least I think it is the same bird as it is hunting the exact same spot it does every winter. It is possible another falcon has found the same perfect ambush spot, but I think it is "The Slayer of Gulls" and it is back.

        Mendocino Headlands is off of Heesser Drive west of Mendocino. The spot is directly out west from Bird Rock on the furthest rock. Look just to the right of the spine. Look for the bird that is trying to look like a rock.