Kingbirds

  • birdmanofthewoods
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2010
      Saw what I thought was a Western Kingbird on the headlands in the Botanical Gardens. On further reflection it could have been a Tropical Kingbird. Didn't have my bird-book with me and frankly wouldn't know a Tropical Kingbird if it landed on my shoulder, but I do know Western Kingbirds and that is what it looked like to me. So I would like to report that I saw a "Kingbird" at the Botanical Gardens... Monday, November 1st, south boundry in the marshy area near the headlands.
    • Henrietta Bensussen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2010
        Hi, I saw this bird at the Gardens yesterday, 11/6, about 9 AM, sitting on a
        Monterey cypress at the north bluff area, near the bluff restrooms. It had a
        yellow breast, lighter toward the tail. Sibley's shows numerous green dots
        along the west coast for a Tropical. Henri