Possible Immature Northern Goshawk on Highway 20 near Chamberlain Creek

  • David Jensen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2010
      2 November 2010.
      This is a difficult sighting to post, but 'tis better to look the fool than to hold back information that could benefit others. I am 90% sure that I saw an immature Northern Goshawk fly across Highway 20 through the woods about 200 yards west of the rest area near Chamberlain Creek.
      Size, breast color, wing shape, flight pattern and speed, habitat, all those were on the plus side
      On the negative side were duration of sighting, speed of the auto, and the fact that I have never seen one there before (I have never spent much time birding that area, but I have driven through it twice a day four days a week for the past two years).
      Dave Jensen