9/15-16 MEN coast report

  • Robert J. Keiffer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18 11:11 AM
      Mendo birders,
      On Sept 15 and 16 Gjon Hazard, John Luther, and myself birded coastal
      Mendocino County. We have nothing to report on the 15th. On the 16th, we
      had an immature Black-crowned Night-Heron along the Garcia River near Miner
      Hole Road and a single American Avocet at Hunter's Lagoon. At the mouth of
      Alder Creek there was a single Pectoral Sandpiper. After John Luther
      departed for home, we saw a Rock Wren in the rocks on the beach at the
      mouth of DeHaven Creek. At the Westport Fire Station/Sewage Ponds there
      was an American Redstart (yellowstart) and a Pectoral Sandpiper. On
      private lands at the mouth of Cottonneva Creek we found an eclipse Eurasian
      Wigeon.
      John E. Hunter

      Robert J. Keiffer
      Principal Supt. of Agriculture