Lake County

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 160 , Sep 16, 2002
      On Saturday the 14th at about 5 PM I found a juvenile Little Blue Heron at Rodman Slough. The bird was with a group of about 10 Snowy Egrets at the now exposed mud and sand island that is up the slough from the Rodman Slough Bridge. This area attracts a number of species including gulls, pelicans, shorebirds, ducks, and egrets. The pulloff to view this area is about 7/10ths of a mile from the bridge on Nice-Lucerne Cutoff road.

      Much searching by Dave Woodward and myself since Saturday has so far been unsuccessful. We have been seeing Marbled Godwits (a rare fall migrant for the county) on occasion at this location.

      Jerry White

    • stevestump
      Message 160 of 160 , Nov 15, 2014

        11/15/14 0745