Roadrunner in Potter Valley

  • George Chaniot
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2010
      Tue, 19 Oct 2010 -- This morning I heard a GREATER ROADRUNNER calling on
      Burris Lane in Potter Valley. The sound was coming from the vineyard to the
      north of the knoll at the end of the lane. On September 26 I also thought
      that I heard one at the same location, but I wanted to hear it again to be
      certain. I have been back six times since that date, spent some time
      listening, and played a recording, but today is the first time I have heard
      it again. The first time was at 08:15, and today it was at 11:00 - single
      calls in both cases. I have yet to see the bird.

      George Chaniot
      Potter Valley, CA