Palm Warblers in Mendocino County; October 13th

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2010
      Yesterday morning there were 2 PALM WARBLERS on the north side of the Garcia River (access by a trail at the end of Miner Hole Road). There was also a Lesser Yellowlegs and a Pectoral Sandpiper downstream from there.
      Then later while on Stoneboro Road about 4/10ths of a mile from Highway 1 (at the pond on the south side of the road) another Palm Warbler flew in and landed on a fence post. Right after seeing the warbler I refound the CLAY-COLORED SPARROW reported earlier from this location.

      At the end of the day I met Karen Havlena and we birded the boardwalk at Lake Cleone. We had another Palm Warbler, this one was a very yellowish "eastern" bird.

      Today at Chadbourne Gulch there was a White-throated Sparrow. Jerry White