Sora on Navarro Beach Rd.

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2010
      Wed Oct 13, 2010--I received an email from Matt Coleman (Mendocino Land Trust) that included a picture of a SORA taken at a flooded marsh area along Navarro Beach Rd yesterday evening at 5:30 PM. I decided to check it out this afternoon. While playing the Sora call I could hear Virginia Rails (at least 8) calling. I could see them coming up almost to the road peeking out at me and swimming across a small section of water. It was the best look at Virginia Rails I've ever had. After some time I saw the Sora actually fly across the road and land in some heavy bushes. It flew back some ten minutes later. It was a good rail experience for me.

      The location was between the nice looking house and the Navarro Inn mostly on the north side of the road.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River