migrating Greater White-fronts

  • Bob Keiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2010
      10 October 2010 - Late this afternoon a southward bound flock of 120 Greater
      White-fronted Geese flew over the west side of Hopland in typical "V"
      formation. I am not sure if it always holds true or not, but I always sense
      that the fall "storm window" opens soon after the arrival of these migrating
      White-fronts. Good birding. Bob Keiffer

    • David Jensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 11, 2010
        10 October 2010 - Late this afternoon (about 5:00) a flock of 60-75 Greater White-fronted Geese arrived in Fort Bragg and appeared to land at the former mill site. These birds had abandoned the typical V formation and were flying in a loosely disorganized mass. Earlier in the afternoon I saw three immature members feeding and resting on the athletic field at the Fort Bragg Middle School on north Harold Street.
        Dave Jensen.