Evening Grosbeaks

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2010
      Yesterday morning (October 8th) I saw 2 of the EVENING GROSBEAKS along the boardwalk just to the west of where Richard and Karen saw theirs. They were mixed in with a large flock of Cedar Waxwings.
      At Virgin Creek Beach I saw my first Dunlin of the Fall.
      At the Botanical Gardens there was a very late Olive-sided Flycatcher. Jerry White

    • Robert Keiffer
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2011
        14 April 2011 - Thursday - At around 10:00 AM Ollie Kolkmann called me to report that at least 6 or 7 EVENING GROSBEAKS are near the Mendocino County facility in Willits. I think the name of the facility is the "Integrated Services Center", and the birds are currently being found in three oak trees on the southwest corner of the parking lot. Ollie says that if you stand on the corner of the nearby intersection "East Valley x South Lenore" Streets you can hear the birds and track them down from there. The birds have apparently been visiting a nearby bird feeder, and may stay around for a while. Reported for Ollie by Bob Keiffer rjkeiffer@...<mailto:rjkeiffer@...> Good birding.