Evening Grosbeaks at Lake Cleone

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2010
      Thu Oct7, 2010--At around noon today I found a flock of 5 to 7 EVENING GROSBEAKS. They were located in a dead tree along the broadwalk where it turns south. There is a sign on a tree with a big "6" on it. It is a tree ID information sign.I had walked pass the area and then heard them call. The flock seemed to move off to the east, possibly across. Highway One. Karen Havlena called at around 4:30PM to let me know that she had just found a female Evening Grosbeak west of the original location near the trail down from the visitor center.

      I had a talk with Jerry White a few days ago and he said to watch out for them because they were being reported both North and South of Mendocino County.

      Richard Hubacek