Bobolink refound at Little River Airport

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2010
      Sun Oct 3, 2010-- This morning at 10:14AM I refound the BOBOLINK at the same location as yesterday. When it flew off to the east with it's "binking" flight call I thought that was the end of it. But Jerry White just called at 12:45PM and said it was back at the original location.

      The bird seems to like the tall grassy area just west of the taxiway. When disturbed it flies to some bushes bordering the grassy area generally in the southwest direction. I have seen it fly out of the area 2 times but it has come back.

      The best way of getting to the area would be to park to the right of the "terminal" and walk thru the gaps in the fence or the gate if opened. Walk out to the taxiway and head west. When the taxiway ends you will find the grassy area.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River