Miner Hole Blackpoll

  • Rich T
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010

      This morning at about 10:30a, Rich Kuehn and I found a BLACKPOLL WARBLER on Miner Hole road (between Pt. Arena and Manchester) about 0.5 mile in from Highway 1.

      Other interesting birds were 4 GREATER WHITE-FRONTED GEESE and at least 2 BLUE-WINGED TEAL at Hunter's Lagoon at the end of Barnegat Road (which is off Stoneboro Road just south of Manchester).

      A NASHVILLE WARBLER and a CASSIN'S VIREO in the willows along the north shore of the Gualala River just west of Highway 1 were nice to see here in the south coast.

      Good Birding,

      Rich Trissel and Rich Kuehn
      Gualala and Sea Ranch