Other Birds at Usal - 9/15/10

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 2010
      Wed, 15 Sept 2010 -- Jim Havlena & I also birded Usal this AM, where we talked
      with

      Jerry White & Chuck Vaughn.  I spotted a LONG-BILLED CURLEW flying
      over the beach, that Jerry said was a 1st for Usal.  We also saw SAY'S PHOEBE,
      (2) BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS, and 4 WARBLING VIREOS.
      There were many other Western migrants: Townsend's, Yellow, Wilson's,
      and Orange-crowned Warblers, plus Brown Creepers, Red-breasted Sapsucker,
      and Hutton's Vireos.

      We could not find the particular flock inwhich the others saw the rare warblers.
      However, I will be there again tomorrow at the appointed time to look again.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA