Coast Birds 9/14/10

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010
      Tue, 14 Sept 2010 -- A RED-NECKED GREBE was with the Scoter flock off
      the north end of the Haul Rd at Ward Ave, Cleone, this morning.  Along the
      still backed-up Ten Mile River, I saw 7 COMMON YELLOWTHROATS and
      heard several others!  There are also some in my neighborhood.  A MERLIN
      swooped past the front yard today.

      After my Ten Mile beach hike, I walked the Skunk RR tracks above Pudding
      Creek, near Rose Mem'l Cemetery.  There was not much action there, but
      I did have a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, 3 WESTERN TANAGERS,
      YELLOW and ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, many VIRGINIA RAILS,
      PYGMY NUTHATCHES, and CEDAR WAXWINGS.

      Karen Havlena
      Fort Bragg and North