Coast Indigo Bunting

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
      Greetings Mendobirders- Jerry White saw a female INDIGO BUNTING at about
      10 am today. The bird was off of Rd 500B/Brewery Gulch Dr just south of
      Mendocino, and about 50 yards west of Hwy 1. It was in a large mixed
      flock, composed largely of Chestnut-backed Chickadees and Yellow Warblers.

      Jerry White

      *********************************
      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...
    • Henrietta Bensussen
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
        An evening grosbeak was in our bird feeder this afternoon, also flocks of
        Amer. goldfinches, pine siskins, chickadees, plus a (probably) downy
        woodpecker on the trunk of the apple tree.
        Henri Bensussen, Fort Bragg

        > Greetings Mendobirders- Jerry White saw a female INDIGO BUNTING at about
        > 10 am today. The bird was off of Rd 500B/Brewery Gulch Dr just south of
        > Mendocino, and about 50 yards west of Hwy 1. It was in a large mixed
        > flock, composed largely of Chestnut-backed Chickadees and Yellow Warblers.
        >
        > Jerry White
        >

        > *********************************
        > Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
        > Ukiah, CA 95482
        >
        > cevaughn@...

        > these addresses:
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Henrietta Bensussen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 14, 2010
          Apologies to you all--the "evening" grosbeak is a black-headed grosbeak. I
          got my names mixed up. Jerry has been here and it was nice to meet him.
          Henri