flocking at dusk

  • J Rosen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2010
      A friend who lives on the Ukiah end of the Boonville Rd asked me today: right near dusk all of a sudden a flock of birds will appear winging directly west at high speed. He says they are cowbird-sized, make no vocalizations, but he hears wingbeats. He does not think they are blackbirds or robins. This occurs only in the fall and has just started anew. Any ideas?