Mendocino Coast- Clay-colored Sparrow

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010
      In addition to the birds already reported for the past 3 days; there was a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW at Usal on Tuesday September 7th. On that same day at Virgin Creek Beach Chuck Vaughn and I had a Long-billed Curlew.
      On Wednesday September 8th there was a Willow Flycatcher at Howard Creek. Chuck and I also had a flycatcher on September 7th at the Westport Headlands which was probably this species.
      On the 8th at Glass Beach there was a female Bullock's Oriole and 2 singing Fox Sparrow's. Later that same day there was a very bright Cassin's Vireo at the Botanical Gardens. Jerry White