Dusky Flycatcher - Ocean Meadows 9/5

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2010
      Sun, 5 Sept 2010 -- A DUSKY FLYCATCHER was in a neighbor's garage
      in Ocean Meadows.  The neighbor did not know a bird was temporarily
      "trapped" when I saw it as I went to take something into Fort Bragg for
      her.  I had a broom to try to get it to leave and was able to get under the
      bird and got good looks at the lower mandible, narrow with a diffused,
      darkish tip (not like Gray).  The head was nicely rounded and the eyes
      had narrow, whitish eye rings.  I had to leave, but the bird got out of the
      garage on its own a little later.  Dusky Flycatchers are not often seen
      on the immediate coast, except occasionally during early fall migration.

      Karen Havlena
      Ocean Meadows, north of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca