indigo bunting

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2001
      I observed an indigo bunting (Passerina cyanea) at 8:45am today, March
      23, 2001. The observation occurred at Lake Cleone in MacKerricher State
      Park just north of Fort Bragg, CA. The bird was observed on the La
      Laguna trail on the north side of the lake in the cleared area at the
      waterworks located on the edge of the lake. An indigo bunting was
      observed 30 minutes later on the south side of Lake Cleone directly
      across the lake from the waterworks. I could not determine if this was
      the same individual located earlier.

      Access sites by parking in the Lake Cleone parking lot in MacKerricher
      State Park. Walk the trail encompassing the lake starting on the
      boardwalk on the lake's northern shore.

      Thanks,

      David Lancaster

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn