Bald Eagles

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2002
      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 -- Allan Grass reports that two Bald Eagles have been
      hanging around Van Arsdale Dam on the Eel River daily for the last four
      months. They are eating "eels" and an occasional Wood Duck. There are
      reportedly two nests this year near Lake Pilsbury, and these birds may come
      from there.
    • patti.boatwright
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 29, 2012
        Driving from Potter Valley west on Highway 20 Wednesday morning, glanced to my right and saw a pair of Bald Eagles flying together along the river. Always a treat to see them. I also had a Varied Thrush pass through my feeder area. They are probably fairly common, but that's the first one I've seen here since I've been in Potter Valley.