8/17 UWTP birds

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      Greetings Mendobirders- I birded the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant this
      morning. I could not refind the 3 White-faced Ibis that Steve Stump
      reported yesterday. However, I did find a juv SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER on
      the S edge of the N pond. It was with about 15 Least Sandpipers, foraging
      along the thin exposure of mud there. That is presently the only mud out
      there! There were also 5 NORTHERN SHOVELERS and 1 GREEN-WINGED TEAL, all
      first of fall birds for me.

      Chuck

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482