Possible Ruby-throated Hummer

  • Ron LeValley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16 10:46 AM
      Hi all,

      Some of you have heard, but I thought I would let others know. Yesterday we
      had a possible Ruby-throated Hummingbird at our feeder in Little River. Some
      of the pictures look pretty interesting, but I was not able to see or
      photograph the primaries of the suspect bird. Peter Pyle reviewed the photos
      last night and is not entirely convinced. I am attempting to see the bird
      and photograph it again today, but have not been successful in seeing the
      bird. It is not helping that our deck is being power washed at the moment.
      They'll be done in a couple of hours and then I will spend some time trying
      to get another look. If it shows up again, I'll let you all know.

      Ron

      Ron LeValley
      Mad River Biologists
      Mendocino Office