Ex Auklet

  • gashawk@mcn.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
      Sad to say I found a dead Rhinoceros Auklet on Caspar beach.
      Aug 1

      Is any one, or a group, taking records of coastal moralities?
    • vishnu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
        On Aug 2, 2010, at 11:37 AM, gashawk@... wrote:

        > Is any one, or a group, taking records of coastal moralities?

        As I recall there used to be a group recording coastal moralities,
        but they were able to discover so few that they abandoned the
        endeavor within a few weeks.
        It was found that moralities tend to be a bit higher here on the
        north coast than in southern California, but this was finally and
        reluctantly attributed simply to climatic variations. Skinny-dipping
        here in our tidal pools, for example, tends to be both quite cold and
        uncomfortably abrasive, and thus is seldom practiced. It is
        certainly something that many birders will want to be on the look-out
        for - coastal morality, that is.

        V.