Re: White-faced Ibis

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27 10:41 PM
      Hello all. I, too, visited the USTP today, though between 11:10 and 12:20. I did NOT see the Ibis, which is unfortunate, as it would still be a Mendocino County bird for me. However, I did note seven (7) Least Sandpipers, one (1) Western Sandpiper, one (1) Spotted Sandpiper, one (1) Long-billed Dowitcher, one (1) Lesser Yellowlegs and one (1) BAIRD'S SANDPIPER. All were along the edge of the north pond, and all were, as far as I could tell, adults still mostly in alternate plumage. Also of note were three (3) Green Herons, one (1) Yellow-breasted Chat (still singing) and one (1) Pacific-slope Flycatcher calling along the Russian River.

      Matt Brady
      Potter Valley

      --- In Mendobirds@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry White" <white-jerry@...> wrote:

      > A WHITE-FACED IBIS was found this morning at the Ukiah Treatment Ponds by Paul Hawks. The bird was still there this afternoon at the "entrance pond ". There was also a Golden Eagle seen flying high over the ponds.
      > This morning there were 4 Least Sandpipers, a Long-billed Dowitcher and the continuing Lesser Yellowlegs.
      > Jerry and Nikki White

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5, 2013
        Sun May 5, 2013 7:00 am A White-faced Ibis is feeding in the middle pond at the UWWTP. Also a male and female Am. Wigeon Steve Stump
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 30 10:30 AM
          Tue Jul 30, 2013 0745

          There was a White-faced Ibis at the WWTP this am. The bird was trying to find a place to land. Unfortunately the North pond has been rising and the bird did not land.

          By August 10th our middle pond should be ripped which will allow the water levels to drop in all ponds. This will be a good time for spotting shorebirds for whoever may be interested.

          Steve Stump
        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14

            5/14/15 1245 pm

            There is a White-faced Ibis at the Ukiah WWTP in the sludge lagoon. Steve Stump