Black Turnstones/Lake County

  • dlwoodwardww
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2002
      There were 4 Black Turnstones at the Kelsey Creek outlet in Clear
      Lake State Park this evening. Brian Woodward and I watched the
      turnstones for about half an hour until just before 6pm. During most
      of the observation they were feeding in windrows of uprooted aquatic
      plants and filamentous green algae at the northern edge of the
      sandbar. They flushed once but quickly returned and allowed close
      approach.
      Dave Woodward