Ten Mile Beach Ruddy Turnstones

  • K A Havlena
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2010
      Tues, 20 July 2010 -- Three RUDDY TURNSTONES and the continuing three
      SNOWY PLOVERS were on Ten Mile beach this morning.  The RUTU's ranged
      up and down the beach, getting pushed around by joggers and walkers.  The
      birds were generally with Black Turnstones, Sanderlings, Whimbrels and
      Western Sandpipers, and they were seen from close to Ward Ave up about
      a 1.5 miles north.  I added Willet, Spotted Sandpiper & both species of
      Turnstone
      to my list for this summer survey season.

      Karen Havlena
      North of Fort Bragg, CA