More Snowy Plovers Re: [Mendobirds] Snowy Plover - Ten Mile Bch Survey

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
      Tues, 13 July 2010. I just received a call that several hundred Snowy Plovers have arrived at the Brush Creek lagoon. This is in Manchester State Park. Unfortunately she also reported a dead Dolphin. The Turkey Vultures are doing their job.

      Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
        Hi Jeanne,

        It's likely that these are Sanderlings and/or Western Sandpipers. We haven't
        had several hundred Snowy Plovers in Northern California for at least a
        hundred years! But there might have been one or two among those shorebirds..

        Yes, and we appreciate those Turkey Vultures!