Ind Bunting

  • John Luther
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2010
      Hi All,

      Just returned from a wonderful 9 days in Canadian Rockies with grandson and family so today (July 4) was my first chance to look for blue (I know today I should have been looking for red, white and blue) in Mendo.  The bird did not disappoint me.  It took me about 15 minutes, but at 8:35 AM I finally found the male Indigo Bunting near the end of Commisky Station Road off highway 101 as reported by others.  It was on the west side of the dirt road in the large willow just north of the cable that crosses the river.  This is the closest point in Mendocino Co from my home - nice find by Dan Nelson!

      John Luther
      Oakland