Cliff Swallows

  • Lisa Walker (Feather)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2010
      I went up to The Shoals (off the large vista point south of Westport on Highway One) and noticed, for the first time (for me) Cliff Swallows actually nesting on the cliffs above the water and behind and below the sandstone 'sentry' rock. The nests face south and are sheltered from the winds by the sheer overhang above. They seemed to be thriving. I wonder if this is part of the colony that was displaced at the Ten Mile Bridge to the south? Anyone know?