Indigo Bunting at Commisky Station Road

  • bengston.dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2010
      Last evening, June 28, Geoff & Cheryl Heineken, Roger Foote and I went down to see the Indigo Bunting as posted by Jerry White and first seen by Dan Nelson. We looked for about an hour before finally finding it just where it was supposed to be. WOW! Beautiful male! It was on the south facing slope between the end of the road parking lot and the Russian River. It was flying back and forth over the trail by the large slideout. We first saw it at 8:35 pm and watched it for about 10 minutes as we were slowly losing light.

      Other birds included: 3 Double-crested Cormorants, 6 W Scrub Jays, 7 Common Ravens, 8 N Rough Winged Swallows, 200 Cliff Swallows, 3 Turkey Vultures, 1 Black Phoebe, 5 Goldfinch Spp., 2 Song Sparrows, 3 Common Mergansers, 3 Mallards, 1 Oak Titmouse, and 1 CA Quail.