Common Nighthawk and others

  • Jerry White
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2010
      On Tuesday evening June 9th I heard COMMON NIGHTHAWK calling starting at about 8:40 PM from Road K, Albion Ridge. The abandoned trailer and any possible occupants must have been removed that day.
      Thanks to a call from Chuck Vaughn I saw the FORSTER'S TERN sitting on a levee at the Ukiah Treatment Ponds on Wednesday.
      On Thursday while watching the ocean from the Mendocino Headlands (very strong NW winds) at least 8 Heerman's Gulls flew by. Also there were 2 late migrating Brant.
      Other birds were a Northern Mockingbird at the Botanical Gardens on Tuesday and a Red-breasted Sapsucker at Chadbourne Gulch on Wednesday. Jerry White

    • John Sterling
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2010
        I completely forgot to report on an adult Northern Mockingbird in downtown
        Mendocino on May 30th.

        John Sterling

        VVVVVVVVVV

        26 Palm Ave