Re: Lake County Blue-winged Teal

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2010
      The male BLUE-WINGED TEAL was with a male CINNAMON TEAL. Shortly afterward I saw an AMERICAN AVOCET in a wet field on the north side of the Nice-Lucerne Cutoff Road and a YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT in the patch of trees near the south end of Reclamation Road (east of the abandoned machinery). There are now thousands of Aechmophorus grebes on the lake.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA