Ash-throated Flycatcher - Yardbird

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2010
      Sun, 6 June 2010 -- Late this morning, Jim noticed an ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER
      at the back of our yard in Ocean Meadows, north of Ten Mile R.  I followed it around
      a couple of adjacent yards, getting very good looks at it.

      KHv spoke with Richard Hubacek about his ATFL from Big River, Mendocino, two days ago.
      Apparently, most spring migrants look about the same, somewhat dull all over, including
      blaw wing bars.  She tried to call "Prruuttt" to it, and it perked up, but never returned a call.

      So, I agree with Richard that coastal MEN has had quite a few WEKI and now 3 ATFL.
      Perhaps this is due to the rains and more insects than the last 3 years here on the coast.
      (Not to mention more active birders on the MEN coast).

      Jim and Karen Havlena
      Ten Mile/Ocean Meadows Area
      North of Fort Bragg, MEN,  Calif