Ash-throated Flycatcher--Big River

  • richhubie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
      Thu Jun 3, 2010--The Big River Spring Bird Surveys have produced two new birds for the Big River Checklist this Spring, The May 7th, White-faced Ibis and this morning we found a coastally rare ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER (which joins all the coastally rare Western Kingbirds this year). The bird was found just west of the bathrooms nearest the gate to the haul road. We also has a female BULLOCK'S ORIOLE also rare on the coast.

      Richard Hubacek
      Little River
    • Henrietta Bensussen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2010
        Maybe this is the same one I saw in my backyard May 20--I live in Fort
        Bragg, on Harold St. It came in in the afternoon and was gone the next
        morning.
        Henri Bensussen