Bald Eagle on the Noyo River

  • Cate
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2010
      About 4pm on Sunday, we watched a bald eagle on the Noyo River just east of Dolphin Cove. The bald eagle was harassing an osprey who was flying with a fish. The osprey dropped the fish and the bald eagle caught it mid air but then dropped it as the osprey dove at him. The bald eagle then perched in a tree about 150 yards from our deck.

      Jeff and I got the spotting scope out and watched him for about an hour. It appeared to be a young bird. Its head was "dirty" white brown streaks on the nape. In flight, the underside of its wings and body had blotchy spots and streaks of white.

      Best of days,
      Cate
      http://www.liquidfusionkayak.com