Bald eagles sighted

  • Rick & Jeanne Jackson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2010
      Hi All,
      This sighting was just sent to me by Chris Skyhawk who lives in Albion. Exciting possibilities!
      Jeanne, Anchor Bay

      Yesterday (Tuesday 5-18) about noon I took my twins to Spring Grove Road by the Ledford House for a walk. As I was loading them up into the stroller a huge bird came over the cliffs flying east toward the hills. I grabbed my binoculars and picked up another bird- they were 2 bald eagles. I was able to observe them intermittently for about 20 minutes as they drifted over the hills between Salmon Creek and the Albion estuary east of the highway.

      Since last December I have heard of occasional sightings of a single bird, and once got a brief sighting myself. This is the first that I have heard of a pair flying together- has anyone else spotted them? If so please post.

      Seeing them together made me wonder if they might be a mated pair looking to establish territory- just speculation on my part, but would it not be wonderful if we ended up with a resident pair? I would be thrilled.