9/1 USTP- American Bittern

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      Greetings Mendobirders: At 745 I saw an imm American Bittern in the cat
      tails on the SW corner of the sludge pond at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment
      Plant. For anyone unfamiliar with the layout there, the sludge pond is the
      small square pond immediately S of the office area. The bird was not
      visible when I left at 930. Lots of stuff is moving around. New fall
      birds in the area for me were Say's Phoebe and Lincoln's Sparrow. Willow
      Flycatchers and Yellow Warblers are everywhere, and there were lots of
      Wilson's Warblers on the river. The warblers are starting to pick the
      insects off the fennel making themselves quite visible. I saw a
      gray-headed type Orange-crowned Warbler doing so. Some of you sharp-eyed
      birders get out there and turn up something!!

      Regards, Chuck

      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      1550 Deerwood Drive