Hooded Oriole at Lakeport

  • Floyd Hayes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2010
      On Sunday the 2nd, Doug Weidemann briefly observed what appeared to be an adult male HOODED ORIOLE at Library Park in Lakeport. It took us nearly a half hour to relocate it and confirm its identity. We also got some good photos. It was first seen on a skinny palm on the south side of 1st Street and then it flew across the street to the row of broad-leaved trees on the north side of 1st Street. We searched for it unsuccessfully in several nearby palms, including a few near the courthouse and near the center of the park, and saw several BULLOCK'S ORIOLES instead. Finally we relocated it in a broad-leaved tree at the corner of 1st Street and Park Street. We did not see a female so perhaps it is not nesting. Apologies for the delayed report--I've been busier than usual lately.

      Floyd Hayes
      Hidden Valley Lake, CA