RE: [Mendobirds] Western K-bird - Ocean Mdws Yard Bird

  • Richard Kuehn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2010
      While the WEKI you saw wasn’t Rich Trissel’s Tropical Kingbird, which he saw
      flying south last Friday, it may have been 1 of the 2 Western Kingbirds I
      saw yesterday around noon while volunteering at the Visitor Center in the
      Sonoma County Gualala Point Regional Park. Both of them flew across the
      Gualala River and into Mendocino County headed north<G>.

      While not one to disagree with Toby, we’ve tended to see at least 1 Western
      Kingbird very near the actual coast nearly EVERY spring, usually mid-April
      to early June, since we began living here full-time in 1997, unless we’re
      traveling.

      Rich

      Richard Kuehn

      WindandSea at The Sea Ranch