Mendocino County birds 4/18

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 7:17 AM
      Greetings Mendobirders- I joined Jerry White yesterday to do some birding
      around the county. In addition to the Ukiah-area WHITE-FACED IBIS and
      BLUE-WINGED TEAL reported by Cheryl Watson, we found some other birds of
      local interest. In Potter Valley we saw a LEWIS'S WOODPECKER some distance
      north from the end of Burris Lane, and just below the old quarry on Potter
      Valley Road we saw 2 AMERICAN DIPPERS (thanks, George). A SOOTY GROUSE was
      booming at a wide turnout on the north side of Orr Springs Road, 7.9 miles
      west of its intersection with North State Street in Ukiah. On the coast we
      saw 2 LONG-BILLED CURLEWS on Virgin Creek Beach and a pair (m,f) of
      HARLEQUIN DUCKS off the end of Ward Avenue.

      Chuck and Jerry

      Chuck and Barbara Vaughn
      Ukiah, CA 95482

      cevaughn@...