Buff-breasted Sandpiper

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2002
      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 -- The BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER reported yesterday from
      Glass Beach in Fort Bragg was still there this morning.
    • K A Havlena
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28, 2013
        Wed, 28 Sep 2013 -- Dorothy Tobkin found a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER this morning, but it flew south with several Semipalmated Sandpipers.  She first saw the bird in dry sand at the north end of Ward Avenue, Cleone, with about 20 peeps and plovers.  Then, the small group mentioned above, flew south.  I will check Virgin Creek beach this afternoon and will post again if it can be found.

        For Dorothy "Toby" Tobkin

        (K Havlena)
        North of Fort Bragg, MEN, Ca

      • stevestump
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 3, 2013
          09/03/13 1025 am   There is a Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant in the middle pond. Steve Stump
        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 3, 2013
             Buff-breasted Sandpiper at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant   Photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevestump/9664122487/     Steve Stump

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 28, 2014
                      On 9/26 and 9/27 Doug Forsell has seen a Buff-breasted Sandpiper on
                      Manchester Beach near Stonesboro Road hike over the dunes (N about 100
                      yards on Fri and on Sat S about 200 yards) in the upper beach wrack
                      area. Hanging out with Snowy Plovers so please be careful of disturbance.
                      Diane Hichwa

                      Email: dhichwa@...

                      Telephone: 707-785-1922 (Sea Ranch)
                      707-483-3130 (cell)